Saturday, May 3, 2008

Upgrades...

I'm so excited... We got our tax stuff in the other day (after I spent how much time worrying about it lol). We're setting a good part of it aside in savings of course (and paying bills too!), but we're each getting something for ourselves too.

We spent quite a bit of time trying to decide between a toy for Kalila (something she could pull up on because she's starting to do that!) & diaper covers... As much fun (and as cute) as the toy would be... We decided the diapers are more important. Her old covers did work... but they don't fit all that well (at least they don't leak though right!) & are starting to get holes in them. Basically we got what we paid for (they were 5 for a 6 pack).

So I got online & researched some more (although I already had an idea) which ones we'd like to try & showed Jas last night. We're getting 3... One Bummi (same brand as our swim diaper), one Thirsties, and one Imse Vimse. Basically we want to test out which we like best... I wish we could have gotten a wool cover or two but they are so expensive... Oh well... We also got some pocket diapers (Bum Genius) for when we get a sitter... figure that would be easier than expecting someone else to mess w/ a prefold.

I'm excited though... Can't wait till they come in... I'll be sure & put pics when I do... & let ya know how they turn out.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Yay for new diapers! Be sure and post reviews on all you buy. :)

Mama Kalila said...

I'll do that! I'm really excited about them... the Gerber's were awful lol. Seriously, they worked... but the elastic is starting to cut into her legs & some are getting holes. Plus I know they don't breathe well & now that she's having apples & mangos the rashes are starting up pretty bad. I'm hoping these new ones help some w/ that.