Friday, July 29, 2011

Vocal Point - Downy Unstoppables

I joined Vocal Point awhile back and hadn't thought a whole lot about it. Not that I didn't want to, things have just been kind of crazy around here. My first interaction with them is kind of a case in point there...

Last month ZJ was in the hospital and we were getting ready to get discharged when Baba told me that I had a Downy sample waiting at home. My first thought was the samples that were hung at the door and lets just give it to Gido. I can't use softeners even if I wanted too. When he told me it was a full sized container I was a bit confused, and a little sad we wouldn't get to use it. I came home to find out that I was completely mistaken.

Vocal Point sent us a full sized sample of the new Downy Unstoppables in the Fresh scent. This isn't a softener, its a scent booster, so we decided to give it a shot.

Note: Yes free sample to review. No not being compensated for this. These are my opinions here.

I do actually like this product.

One of the complaints I've seen a lot about not using softeners is the missing scent. This definitely helps with that. On the other hand, if artificial scents bothers you this would not be a good idea. I'm somewhere in the middle on this one. I love the smell it leaves on our clothes, sheets and towels (I will not use it on the diapers lol). But, I get the biggest headaches when actually doing the wash with it. Think of almost to the point of migrain headache. I wouldn't blame that on this specific product because I get the same headaches just walking down the cleaner or freshener aisles at the store.


I mentioned the diapers earlier. I was a bit worried about how this would affect them even without using it in their wash at first. Softeners can leave film that can transfer and cause them to repel. What's to say this won't? My original plan was to feel the drum and see if it would need to be scrubbed off before washing the diapers... there was nothing there. I have had no issues since I started washing our other laundry with this product. I have also not noticed our drier having any residue on the lint trap... wasn't as worried about that since it goes in the water, but still.

I also like that you don't need to put a set amount in. You can shake as many or few of the beads into your wash as you want. I try to go light, both because of the headaches and because it makes it last longer. Its been a month or so now and we still have about a 1/4 of the bottle left.

I doubt we're actually going to buy more, but I'm glad we got to try it out. I do recommend it, esp for those who want the scent associated with softeners but would like to avoid them otherwise.

1 comment:

Ami said...

I also got this sample too. I love it. We have to use shared washer and our clothes and towels always smell bad, now they don't =)